Quick Review of the Fujinon XF56mm F1.2R


Having purchased an X-T1 just over two weeks ago it was inevitable I would want to try the other Fuji 'hot property' - the Fujinon XF56mm f1.2R lens.  I had the opportunity this weekend at Spa to try this short, very fast, telephoto.  So what did I think of this prime telephoto?



Well the first thing you notice is the large front glass element and the larger profile on the front of the of the X-T1.  This is not a subtle lens but being an f1.2, the fastest lens available for the Fuji X-Series system, it was going to have a large profile.  The results are stunning, even wide open the results are pin sharp and the bokeh is just amazing.


The 56mm is bigger than the 60mm f2.4 macro I already own but the AF is quicker and the extra two stops of light make a huge difference in low light situations.  The 56mm is very well balanced on the X-T1 with the grip but with the grip removed the lens felt quite large on the camera.  With the lens fitted to my X-Pro1  the balance was also very good but then I also have a grip fitted to this camera.


I only had this lens for a couple of hours but once again Fuji is threatening to empty my bank account because the 56mm f1.2 has now been moved from my 'would like' list to my 'I must have' list!

Here are some of the shots I took at Spa with the 56mm f1.2 lens






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY CLICKING THE GOOGLE ADVERTS
It doesn't cost you anything to click on an advert but we get a small fee for every click thru from Google and this helps support this blog - thank you for helping
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4